Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Weddings all around





Wow, what a busy weekend we had.

Phils wedding was a fantastic catch up with Shell, and Matt and Aly. Not to mention meeting my nephew, Thomas for the very first time!! He was soooooo cute. Unfortunately I have no photos of him at the moment, cause I was too busy cuddling to take photos :)

So we got to Orange on Thursday, and managed to get a cit of shopping in. Friday was helping Phil organise for the wedding as well as more shopping a a trip to see Ruth, my doctor. Unfortunately I had to go for a blood test, cause I've been really tired lately, so tired even scrapping isn't as appealing!!! Which is why I know its bad. Unfortunately my blood clotted in one of the tubes (WTF!! whose blood does that!!), so I needed to go back. Any hows still waiting for the results of that.

Saturday was the big day. My car featured in the Bridal party, so I now know how to attach ribbons to the cars for my wedding (thanks Phil). I also helped him organising cakes and flowers, including delivering the flowers to the bride. They where soo pretty, and were still looking good buy the end of the night.

We got him ready and after a small glass of french champagne (thanks Shell!! Do we get some at my wedding too??) we were off. The ceremony was very much Phil and Sal, and I did the reading. It was the one verse in the bible I'm determined not to have - 1 Corinthians 13!! Surely theres got to be other readings from the bible!! We sang and laughed, and admired Phobea the flowergirl who was in her element.

Afterwoods, we organised the afternoon tea, which was a great chance to catch up. I knew quite a lot of people, knowing most of Phil's friends. Photos went pretty well and before we knew it, the Bride and groom were wisked away to be photographed some more.

I left everyone at this stage and checked Rex and I and the happy couple into our respective rooms. All I remember by this stage was my shoes were killing me!!! So I chilled for a bit, until people started showing up.

The reception went well, however was very much winged. Rex ended up the MC and Phil didn't give us much warning for any of the major events!! But aside that the meal was great the room was lovely and most importantly Phil and Sal had a great time.

There was only one downer about the whole day and that was our father. You'd think he'd be civil for one day, but no. He ignored me (which really was a blessing), but couldn't even say goodbye to Phil and Sal when he left. It was also clear that he has been talking crap as per usual to Alan and Denise, after Alan had a few words to me about being nicer to him!! Well maybe when he stops being an arogant arsehole I will!!! Is it too much for him to consider someone other that himself!!

I'll stop there, I didn't want this to become a rant about him.

Anyway here's some photos, I hope Phil doesn't mind me posting them.

No comments: